https://matrimonial.daralnoor.org/#/process 0- Darul Nur
https://www.adamscenter.org/marriage-procedure – Adams Center
https://MasjidMatrimonial.com – Daul Hijra
Pre-Marital Questionnaire – Prepared by Imam Mohamed Magid
Office of the Imam, ADAMS Center
- How old are you?
- Where were you born?
- What did you study in college?
- What is you occupation?
- Why have you chosen me as your potential spouse?
- What is the role of a husband?
- What is the role of a wife?
- What are your expectations of marriage?
- What are your goals in life? Long term and short term plans.
- Identify three things that you want to accomplish in the new future.
- Identify three things that you want to accomplish, long-term.
- Have you ever been married before?
- Are you married now?
- Do you want practice polygamy?
- Have you ever been engaged? If so, how long ago?
- Have you ever been divorced? If so, how long ago?
- Have you ever gone to counseling for marriage or divorce?
- Define mental, verbal, emotional, and physical abuse.
- What would you do if you felt that you had been abused?
- Who would you call for assistance if you were being abused?
- Do you suffer from any chronic disease or condition?
- Are you willing to take a physical exam by a physician, before marriage?
- What is your understanding of proper health and nutrition?
- How do you support your own health and nutrition?
- Do you support the idea of utilizing baby-sitters and maids?
- Do you want to have children? If not, why?
- To the best of your understanding, are you able to have children?
- Do you want to have children in the first two years of marriage? If not, then when?
- Do you believe in abortion in your family?
- What is the best method of raising children?
- What is the best method of disciplining children?
- How were you raised?
- How were you disciplined?
|Prepared by Imam Mohamed Magid
Office of the Imam, ADAMS Center
Do you believe in spanking children? Under what circumstances?
- Do you believe in public schools for your children?
- Do you believe in Islamic schools for your children?
- Do you believe in home-schooling your children? If so, by whom?
- What type of relationship should your children have with non-Muslim classmates and friends?
- Would you send your children to visit their extended family if they lived in another state or country?
- Do you have children now?
- What is your relationship with your children, now?
- What is your relationship with their parent, now?
- What relationship do you expect your spouse to have with your children and their parent?
- What type of relationship do you want your children to have with all of their grandparents?
- If there are members of my family that are not Muslim, that are of a different culture or race, what type of relationship do you want to have with them?
- What is the role of religion in your life – now?
- Are you a spiritual person?
- What is your understanding of an Islamic marriage?
- What are you expecting of your spouse, religiously?
- What is your relationship between yourself and the Muslim community in your area?
- Are you volunteering in any Islamic activities?
- What can you offer your mate, spiritually?
- What is your definition of wealth?
- How do you spend your money?
- How do you save your money?
- How do you think that your use of money will change after marriage?
- Do you have any debts now? If so, how are you making progress to eliminate the debt?
- Do you use credit cards?
- Do you support the idea of taking loans to buy a home?
- What are you expecting from your spouse financially?
- What is your financial responsibility in a marriage?
- Do you support the idea of a working wife?
- If so, how do you think a dual-income family should manage funds?
- Do you currently use a budget to manage your finances?
- Who are the people to whom you are financially responsible?
- What are the things that you do in your free time?
- Do you like to have guests in your home for entertainment?
- What are you expecting from your spouse when your friends come to the house?
- What is your opinion of speaking other languages in the home that I do not understand? With friends? With family?
|Prepared by Imam Mohamed MagidOffice of the Imam, ADAMS Center
Do you travel?
- How do you spend your vacations?
- How do you think your spouse should spend vacations?
- Do you read?
- What do you read?
- What is your relationship with your family?
- What do you expect your relationship to be like with the family of your spouse?
- What do you expect the relationship between your spouse and your family to be like?
- Is there anyone in your family that lives with you now?
- Are you planning to have anyone in your family live with you in the future?
- If for any reason my relationship with your family turns sour, what should be done?
- Who are your friends? Identify at least three.
- How did you get to know them?
- Why are they your friends?
- What do you like most about them?
- What will your relationship with them be like after marriage?
- Do you have friends from the opposite sex?
- What is the level of your relationship with them – now?
- What will be the level of your relationship with them after marriage?
- What type of relationship do you want your spouse to have with your friends?
- After marriage, do you think that you are one to express romantic feelings verbally?
- After marriage, do you think that you want to express affection in public?
- How do you express your admiration for someone that you know – now?
- How do you express your feelings to someone who has done a favor for you?
- Do you like to write your feelings?
- If you wrong someone, how do you apologize?
- If someone has wronged you, how do you want them to apologize to you?
- How much time passes before you choose to forgive someone?
- How do you make important and less important decisions in your life?
- Do you use foul language at home? In public? With your family?
- Do your friends use foul language?
- Does your family use foul language?
- How do you express anger?
- How do you expect your spouse to express anger?
- What do you do when you are angry?
- When do you think it is appropriate to initiate mediation in a marriage?
- When there is a dispute in your marriage, religious or not, how should the conflict be resolved?